Monday, August 6, 2007

COTM | 35W

Snappiness to ya - it's Mon-day!

You know, a lot of folks dread Monday - mainly b/c it's the start of a new business week. But when you think about it, we should probably look forward to it even more than any other day - it's a chance to start all over again. A new week - a new chance.

As most of you know, tragedy has hit Minnesota in the worst way and for many of you who live here, it's not far from your homes. Everyone I talk to has a story to tell: "I was on the bridge minutes before it collapsed...I cross that bridge twice a day to and from work...I was stuck on the bridge the day before...." Some of you have been covering it for your jobs (television, print, etc) so you've had an even closer view.


I went to the Memorial Blood Center on Friday [I have that good 'ole universal blood] and it was packed. I was deferred for two weeks b/c of iron levels but was amazed to see SO many people there - all ages. The blood center was on 280 & University which is close to the U of MN. Naturally I take University to 35W to get home. Without thinking I drove down University and found myself on University over 35W right next to the bridge - one exit from my house. A serious brain freeze - I figured the traffic was normal - all that construction. Within moments I was sucked into the madness: the cars, the people, the news trucks, the cameras...and then with a blink of my eyes I went into tunnel vision. I just stared at the bridge - the one I'm on several times a day. And then I prayed. I'm sure I wasn't the only one. That bridge is where folks found their faith.

So with that I say that today is a new day. The great thing about life is that we're given the chance to start over....over and over again. So my advice for the week is to start over and/or move forward - do what you've been putting off for so long - call that friend you've been thinking about - take that trip to Saskatchewan - eat a chocolate sundae with extra whipped cream. Just live.

Words of wisdom, words of wisdom.

Have a great week! - I love you all.

No comments: