Monday, April 9, 2007

COTM | I LOVE the 80s!

So I'm going through a crisis of sorts. Perhaps a quarter-life crisis (yes, I plan on living past 100). And when I'm 100 I'll still be rockin' my pink Sheila E pumps, side pony-tail and slap bracelets 'cause I'm nostalgic for THE 80s!!! Ever notice that the greatest things in life - the stuff that GOODNESS & DREAMS are made of - were all created in the 80s?: the disposable camera, Doppler radar, the Internet, Mac Computer, erasable pens, the Nintendo, INDIGLO?!?! Oh sweet PETERS I can go on and on!

Perhaps the best "invention" of the 80s was the music video with story lines - remember those? Remember tryin' to make your own music videos to Michael Jackson's "Bad"? DON'T LIE... I have evidence on some of you. It may be in Beta format, but it's evidence no less. Well the videos of the 80s are SO much better than the meaningless misogynistic video-vixen/cash/cars/drinks videos that are on TV now (do I sound like your parents yet?). 80s videos had a purpose...creativity...musical ingenious...horrible, horrible hairstyles & unforgiving spandex. Lots and lots of spandex. You know, the stuff that matters.

Well in my nocturnal stupor, I did a search for the best 80s POP video. It was a tough decision, but it came down to a little Norwegian group by the name of a-ha. I can't get enough of this video...


Sigh. The musical ingenious of this song and video is simply unparalleled. And is that rotoscope animation & live-action TOGETHER?! Somebody catch me.

Oh wait - I haven't imparted any wis-dom yet! Umm...ok: Spandex is a privilege, NOT A RIGHT. Real talk.

Words of wisdom, words of wisdom.

Have a great week!

No comments: