Monday, May 14, 2007

COTM | Schadenfreude

Snappy Monday to ya!

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day yesterday. And if you didn't, just watch this. It'll make everything better... gua-ran-teed! There's something about Mr. T that just makes me smile...

Actually, let me be honest. I like this video simply because Mr. T looks like a "fool" rappin' in those denim dukes...and everyone knows I pity the fool [mainly 'cause I've been the fool before]. Which brings me to my topic of the week: Schadenfreude - "pleasure taken from someone else's misfortune." Have you noticed that we [America] practically revolve around this? Ok, be honest, when someone bites it and falls down the stairs or stumbles, do you laugh? BE HONEST. Fibbers! I saw some of your reactions a few years ago when you watched this Fox News bit...



Yeah. That's what I thought. Now, I'm no supporter of Schadenfreude considering I've had my moments (Kaic & Dani - 'member that gun control commercial we were in?) ... but I know some of you all are ;-) You should be ashamed of yourselves! Being 2007 at all, it's so easy to see Schadenfreude at its best because of ingenious websites like YouTube and iFilm. Not only can you laugh at other people's misfortune, but you can replay it over and over again! God bless America and its semi-evanescent First Amendment. Unfortunately because of these sites, people have lost their jobs, friends, and/or dignity. It's a shame, really. I truly think that this week we should all try to avoid schadenfreude.

LOL - that was funny! I slay me. Since avoiding it altogether is impossible, here's my advice for the week: Always destroy the tape...always.

Words of wisdom, words of wisdom.

Have a great week!

p.s: I may have to include a moment of Schadenfreude in every e-mail...is that wrong? I missed church yesterday and clearly the effects are immediate! sheesh!

No comments: