Monday, May 21, 2007

COTM | Tiara Day

"Just another manic Monday! [oh-woe] I wish it were a Sundaaaaayy [oh-we-oh]..."

Well first of all, I'd like to wish you all a happy "World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue & Development." And nope - I didn't make that one up. It's a real holiday....and it's today. And you all should be ashamed for not properly celebrating it. Unless, of course you're busy celebrating National Wait Staff Day or Sheep Day...'cause those are also today and I would totally understand if you felt overwhelmed by all the celebration. And don't even get me started on gifts! sigh.

Which brings me to the topic of the week: weird holidays. Gone are the days of anticipating major holidays - you know, the ones that drive our conspicuous consumption: Easter, Valentine's Day, Halloween, anything in December, etc. There's a holiday out there for every day of the year...and I think we should celebrate as many as possible. I'll go ahead and throw out a few that perhaps we can celebrate together. Forget a 4th of July boat cruise, let's get together for...
  • June 23rd: Let It Go Day | Yes gurrlll, let it go!
  • July 15: Be A Dork Day | This shouldn't be too difficult for me.
  • August 13: International Left Handers Day | Finally!...we will be recognized!
  • September 5: Be Late for Something Day | I'll leave this one alone.
  • October 13: International Skeptics Day | I don't know...maybe we shouldn't celebrate this one. Ok, yeah. Wait, no.
  • November 10: Area Code Day | 6-1-2!!!
  • December 22: National Haiku Poetry Day | Case of the Mondays; Anna has much time on hands; In need of new job
So this week, celebrate something different. Me, myself, personally?! - I'll be wearing a Tiara all day on Thursday 'cause it's Tiara Day. Oooh I can't wait!

Words of wisdom, words of wisdom.

Have a great week!

p.s: In case you really feel like procrastinating and looking at old Case of the Mondays... http://oh-mondays.blogspot.com/

p.p.s:
Here's your MOS [Moment of Schadenfreude]: Folks have sent this to me several times in the past week so I figured, why not pass it on? Honestly, I think Michael Jackson & Eddie Murphy should do another duet. But this time, without the Harlem Boys Choir. That's just wrong.

No comments: