Monday, February 4, 2008

COTM | Super Duper Tuesday!

Snappy Super Duper Tuesday....it's Monday!

Somebody L'eggo my Eggo and get me some Mrs. Butterworth's - I don't know what to do with myself this morning! Do you know what tomorrow is?! Do you have any clue what tomorrow means for the happiness and welfare of the United States?! Do you know what you have to do tomorrow?! February 5th is a day that will go down in history because February 5th is....

...the release of Taylor Dayne's new album Satisfied! Somebody get me another Eggo and some Aunt Jemima this time - I've been waiting for this moment since 1989. Oh I know what you're thinking, "Tell it to My Heart" was the JAM in '88, but no - you all are clearly sleepin' on "Love Will Lead You Back" - I played that at like 3 piano recitals and 5 talent shows no doubt. I didn't really master it until '91, but who's really keeping track. And don't get me started on "With Every Beat of my Heart." Hmm... I feel like I'm missing something.
...Oh yeah, and Super Tuesday is tomorrow. I'm sure I don't need to give you any incentives for coppin' the new Taylor Dayne Album...but Super Tuesday may require a bit of convincing so here goes. 5 reasons why you need to vote on the 5th - Super Tuesday [if it's poppin' in your state]...
  • Knowledge: Let's be honest. You didn't know what Super Tuesday was until this election huh? You thought it meant 99 cent video rentals at Blockbuster didn't you? It's ok. How were we supposed to know the difference? We've been able to rent videos longer than we've been able to vote! Well now you know, so vote.
  • Must See TV: Come on - don't you want to see how this one turns out? I'm more excited for Super Tuesday than I was for yesterday's Super Bowl. This is just as good as NBC Must See TV in the early '90s.Except Dwayne-Wayne and Whitley are no where in site.
  • The View: If you don't vote, then you you don't have the right to complain for the next year. Because according to Sherri Shepherd [co-host of The View] the presidential term is 1 year. Oh - and she also thinks the Earth is flat and no one existed before Jesus.


  • The Ads: More ads! If you vote, they're sure to come. Let's find out what folks truly stand for. Education or campaign smearing?! Health care or character defamation?! Vote for me 'cause I'm the 57th richest person in America. My name is Ross Perot and I can buy the United States. Oh, and I approve this message. BTW - where is that man?
  • Privilege: Voting is not a given right in some countries. And even with the ability to vote, that doesn't mean that the outcome will be fair. I guess that's happened in the U.S. too but you get my point.
My advice? Vote! Simple as 1-2-3 Jell-O. And to be honest, it's just as tasty. Have you tasted voting before? Delish.

Words of wisdom, words of wisdom.

Have a great week!

p.s: Here's your MOS - I don't know why I'm giving her such a hard time. OK I know. I gave her the benefit of the doubt when she made her first couple snafus, but now it's just gotten out of hand.

No comments: