Monday, February 25, 2008

COTM | What Now?!

Snappy Swinter Wonderland - is it spring yet?! Sheesh!
The Oscars & after parties were quite the sha-bang huh? Glitz, glamour, glory and what-not. Starlets and legends. Class & Style...

...Who am I kidding, I didn't watch one moment of it all. There were two Law & Order marathons on and I took full advantage. I must admit, I was seriously conflicted [SVU on USA and Criminal Intent on Bravo]. I hope I never have to make a decision like that ever again. Really, it stressed me out.
You know what else is stressin' me out? Glad you asked - so I'm sitting here at Luther Westside Volkswagon. Once again I received a postcard in the mail saying "something" in/on my car was recalled and I need to bring my car in. I'm gonna need for them to get it right the first time - like when they're building the car in "Germany" [Read: Brazil]. Well here I am waiting on my car [his name is Merc by the way]. Let's do a play-by-play shall we?
  • 8:30 AM: I drive Merc the service center. They tell me my brake lights were recalled and they'll replace them [good...'cause I kind of need those]. I head to the "Business Center."
  • 9:00 AM: My service guy tells me I need my windshield wipers replaced [which I knew b/c I requested it when I walked in, but who's listening right?] That'll be like $12 plus "labor" [not bad...looks like I can pay cash for my car service today.]
  • 9:30 AM: Just as I suspected, my brake pads are worn down. $57.65 for all 4 and $93.16 for 2 rotors [ok...well...debit card today...I budgeted for this...wait for it]...and $220 for labor. [Ay Caramba! What kind of "labor" are we working with here?! It can't possibly be more labor than childbirth, and those women don't even get paid!...usually.This mess is going on credit.]
  • 10:00 AM: My new found enemy [service guy] says that there's a fee for regular maintenance. It's usually $86 but they recently reduced the price. So this time, it's only $80. Today is truly my lucky day - $6 in savings. Drinks on me. I give my service guy the evil side-eye and walk away. They know me here as "the chick that knows too much about her car and knows when she's getting ripped-off" and they still pulled this mess.
  • 10:30 AM: I'm Googling the $#$&)#! out for some "Volkswagen Service Coupons".
I can't wait for 11:00 AM. Really, I can't. They'll probably tell me I need to get my engine, battery, and wheels replaced too. My advice for the week? Use Public Transportation! It's cheaper, greener, and funner...yeah, I said funner.

Words of wisdom, words of wisdom.

Have a great week!

p.s: Here's your MOS - who knew Mike Huckabee could be such a comedian?! "Uh-oh! That's not good news. You know Seth, I was counting on those Super Delegates..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just added you to my blog-reading list. Love it!

Anonymous said...

If you are a game lover too then certainly there is the game you like the most You need to have a well balanced team, in the sense that you can't have your eggs in one basket It makes one feel a sense of pride to be a part of such a grand event JEWELRY wih brands of Tiffany, Chanel, DG, Dior, etcSo ADHD drug therapy has a lot of question marks hanging over it and all the major medical bodies are now recommending a much more comprehensive approach which can tackle the real issues behind ADHD and which can produce tangible results
On 3 Property Video Gamings they Attempted all Red-colored Mixture Once Far more Under Belichick, the team won three Super Bowls in four years, and finished the 2007 regular season with a perfect 16 record, becoming only the fifth team in league history to go undefeated in the regular season, and the only one since the league expanded its regular season schedule to 16 games Reliable Sports Handicapping Service and Premium MLB Betting PicksPro-baseball betting can be a profitable undertaking even for the greenhorns as there is significant line value cheap nhl jerseys sale nfl jerseys discount References:Alan Coddington (2003) Keynesian Economics: The First Principles, Rout ledge publishers, USAlfred William (1991) The Classical Economists and Economic Policy, University of Michigan press, MichiganGeorge Douglas (1967) Macro-economic Theory: A Mathematical Treatment, Macmillan publishers, USSteven Kates (2003) Two Hundred Years of Says Law: Essays on Economic Theorys Most Controversial Principle, Edward Elgar Publishing, USJohn Fender (1981) Understanding Keynes: An Analysis of the General Theory, Wiley publishers, UShermes: Introduction:Unemployment can be defined as the number of people in the economy who are willing to work but cannot find a job, the rate of unemployment is measured by getting the number of people in the economy that are jobless and are between the age of 16 to 65 years and this is divided by the total number of working force in the economy but i like playing ago, i like to send a crucial assist Impress your date with your expansive information of Picasso and Matisse at the Museum of Fine Art or take in an IMAX film at the Houston Museum of Organic Science
For more saving, the replica nfl jerseys are made from the thinner fabrics that wont last as well as the more expensive authentic jerseys, which are much cheaper Although buying trendy clothes for children to wear to school can be expensive at least they can be worn at home and socially Vick's diversity in football allows him to be happy not only as quarterback but at a variety of positions That's more appealing than either likely matchup for any second seed: New England or Baltimorehermes: INTRODUCTION With the ever increasing demand on irrigation water supply, farmlands are frequently faced with utilization of poor quality irrigation water The merchandise tends to make a buyer or a fan feel a great deal closer to this team

[url=http://www.nikebroncosjersey.com/nike-champ-bailey-womens-jersey]Champ Bailey White Jersey[/url]
[url=http://www.redskinsnflprostore.com/brandon-banks-jersey-elite-c-6_18.html]Brandon Banks Jersey[/url]
[url=http://www.redskinsnflprostore.com/ryan-kerrigan-jersey-elite-c-6_25.html]ryan kerrigan jersey white[/url]